For generations, it has been noted that unresolved difficulties and problems from the past can cause problems throughout life. These issues can be family related and passed down from prior generations.
Family Constellation Therapy an Innovative Healing Modality
The Family Constellation is a relatively recent, innovative healing modality that originated in Germany but has become popular throughout the world.
The underlying idea behind the process of a Family Constellation is that issues can be resolved through a group process meant to prompt personal growth. What is hidden or not fully understood is brought to the surface for a clearer understanding. Afterwards, personal insights that are meant to facilitate learning are offered through three-dimensional, personal images. The process leads to a new level of healing, understanding, and peace. The benefits of this healing can even ultimately be passed on to future generations. Through healing and understanding, we are able to help make the world a better place, be happier with our place in it, and be more at peace with life and ourselves.
Issues Family COnstellation Therapy can Address
- Personal issues relating to a difficult childhood
- Negative patterns of thinking, feeling, and behavior
- Tendencies to choose or attract the wrong kind of relationships, in a pattern that repeats itself
- Inability to move on from traumatic events or toxic relationships
- Family issues of all kinds
- Illness, depression, anxiety, panic disorders
- Obsessive thoughts, fears, and phobias
- Anger issues
- Lingering grief
- OCD, ADHD, ADD, and PTSD
- Psychosomatic diseases
What to expect in a Family Constellation Therapy Workshop
- In a Family Constellation Workshop, each person who chooses to have a Constellation is given a turn to seek insight, wisdom, and healing for an issue of their choice
- Once the issue is identified, the person who is receiving the Constellation (the Client) will be invited by the Facilitator to pick representatives for certain family members or other important people in his or her life.
- The Client presenting the issue then arranges the representatives in the room according to what feels right at the moment. The Client then sits down and observes.
- After being chosen and placed, the representatives will be asked to “tune in” to their intuition, and describe how they feel in relation to other members of the Constellation.
- Members of the Constellation will provide insights to the Client through connecting to what is called “The Knowing Field”. No formal “psychic” or intuitive training is required for them to do this. They will know what they need to know naturally, in a way that is surprising to people not previously familiar with the process. Being a representative is a good way to learn how to develop personal intuition. It is a process of feeling, knowing, and understanding. Everyone learns from a Family Constellation.
- With the help of the Facilitator, knowledge of energies and hidden dynamics between members who are being represented in the Constellation is revealed. The person receiving the Constellation is invited to learn from what is revealed through this process. At some point in the process, the Facilitator will invite the Client to take the place of his or her representative in the Constellation, in order to fully connect with the energy and knowledge that is present in “The Knowing Field”.
- The Facilitator, the Representatives, and the Client receiving the Constellation work together to create what is called a Healing Resolution for the issue. The purpose of the Healing Resolution is for the Client to gain a new perspective of wisdom, appreciation, and self-understanding through the process of the Constellation.
- The Healing Resolution is an Image that is meant to be remembered, something that is intended to create a lasting healing effect for the Client.
- After the Constellation has been concluded, the Client can use what has been learned from the process of the Constellation for an ongoing process of learning and growth.
Book your Family Constellation Therapy Session.
Dr. Joe Turiano is available to private family constellation therapy sessions or conduct workshops. Available only in the Pittsburgh and surrounding areas. For more information please contact us to set up a consultation.